Sunday, 20 May 2012
RECIPE: Kat's Minty Greek Salad
I love how fresh this salad is! All the different textures and flavour sensations... the crunchy cucumber, the soft avocado, salty olives, sweet tomato, sour lemon and the fresh mint... It seems like a lot of ingredients, but they all come together perfectly to create this bright and flavoursome salad. Delicious on its own (especially in the middle of a hot summer!) or as a side dish at any time of year.
You Will Need:
* 1 green cucumber cut into cubes (I used the typical burpless cucumber, but any can be used. However if you choose the smaller ones, you may need 2.)
* 1 tomato, cubed
* 1/2 red onion, cubed
* 1 avocado, cubed
* Marinated mixed, pitted olives, sliced
* 120g low fat fetta, cubed (any hard variety)
* Handful of mint, chopped finely
* Juice of 1 lemon
* Salt & pepper to season
* 1 large chili (de-seeded), sliced thinly
* 2tbs oil (Olive oil would taste better, but I used Rice Bran oil.)
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except the oil & lemon juice which should be added last.
With a large spoon gently fold the ingredients until combined, but be careful not to over do it or the avocado will disintegrate completely.
Season with salt & pepper.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes, then serve!